Over 90% of Austria's population separates their waste into recyclable categories, which results in Austria having one of the highest recycling rates across the globe. 

Every household also sorts an average of a million tones of waste per year. Additionally, since the start of 2020, the country has put a ban on plastic bags. 


Recycling in Vancouver is crucial food scraps are banned from the standard waste bins, and it's also mandatory to have this waste in the green compost bin. When food is disposed of properly, it releases less carbon dioxide than in landfills. 


Wales recycles around 65% of its total waste, and they achieve this through the use of its councils and its citizens. By 2025 Wales plans to recycle 70% of waste, and they want to turn the remaining 30% processed by waste plants. Additionally, the country recycles paper, glass, cards, metal cans, plastic pots, tubs, and trays. 


The city of Curitiba in Brazil is known for its recycling scheme. Over 70% of the waste produced is recycled. Additionally, waste isn't just recycled but also reused, and old buses are renovated into mobile schools. 


There are around 12000 different recycling points across the city of Zürich in Switzerland. It's mandatory to recycle in Switzerland, and failure to do so can result in fines.